Here are a few great books I recommend for teaching the story behind St. Patrick’s Day to your Children!
- Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland, by Tomie dePaola
- The Last Saint in Ireland: A Story About St. Patrick, by Sheila McGill-Callahan and Will Hillenbrand
- St. Patrick’s Day, by Gail Gibbons
- St. Patrick’s Day in the Morning, by Eve Bunting and Jan Brett
- The Story of Saint Patrick’s Day, by Patricia A. Pingry
- The St. Patrick’s Day Shillelagh, by Janet Nolan
Pot O Gold Rainbows!
- Cellophane bag
- Stapler (to close the bag)
- Construction paper, scissor and a marker (for the “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” note)
Assemble as in the picture nothing too it and fun to both make and eat. Makes a great classroom treat from your Children or for the entire class to make and take home
An Irish Prayer
May God give you…
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all
and may the luck of the Irish always be with you!
Latest posts by Susan Noble (see all)
- Sudden Death Due To Epilepsy - November 1, 2014
- Purple Day is a Day to Support Those Living with Epilepsy - March 26, 2014
- How to Avoid Over Committing Yourself - February 13, 2014